With summer in full swing, there are plenty of great events happening in the park.
- On Friday and Saturday, July 19-20th, the Park District and Jazz Institute of Chicago will present an extended version of the popular Jazz City: Latin Jazz Fest at the boathouse. The event features music, dancing and art, and it will run from 7:00 to 9:00 pm on Friday, and from 1:00 to 8:00 pm on Saturday. This event is free and open to all ages, please follow the link above for more info on the line-up and activities.
- On Saturday, July 20th, Friends of the Parks is offering a guided walking tour of Humboldt Park that will highlight the park's history and the vision of its designer, Jens Jensen. The event begins at 9:30 am at the boathouse and will cost $10 for Friends of the Parks members and $15 for non-members. Register here
- On Tuesday, July 23rd, Dance in the Parks will be held at the boathouse from 6:30 to 8:00 pm. This event features professional dance performances from local groups. It is open to the public and free. Find out more about the performers here.
- On Saturday, July 27th, is the Family Fish Fest at the Humboldt Park lagoon from 1:00 to 2:00 pm. Families can fish in the lagoon, take canoe rides and learn about plant and animal species in the park. All equipment will be provided to fish or canoe and the event is free.
- On Wednesday, July 31st, from 6:00 to 9:00 pm is SummerDance. A popular summer event in the park, SummerDance features professional dance instruction followed by live music and dancing.