- The Park District is currently accepting applications for all of its seasonal worker positions. Many of the positions are great opportunities for young people to find a summer job and learn some career skills. Follow this link to search the job openings and apply. Anyone who's interested should get their applications in right away, because many of the postings will be closing soon (some as soon as Tuesday, the 21st).
- On Saturday, February 25th, Friends of the Park is holding the 2012 Park Advocacy Conference at the South Shore Cultural Center. The event is organized for Park Advisory Council members and it offers speakers and discussions on issues such as fundraising, programming and best practices. Registration is free here. Members of the HPAC will be in attendance.
- The Chicago Police and Firefighter Training Academy is holding recruiting and informational events for high school sophomores during the months of February and March. There are a number of dates coming up all over the city so follow the link to find out the details.
- The Park District is holding an adult 3 on 3 basketball tournament (18 and older) at Smith Park on Saturday, April 7th. Registration will be held on March 17th and March 24th from 12-4 pm at Smith Park, 2526 W. Grand (312-742-7534).
- Every month The Wellness Center at Humboldt Park hosts "Bring the Family to the Table," which offers a free healthy meal, cooking demonstrations and games. The next event will be on Thursday, March 15th from 5:30-7:30 pm.
Some advance notice for next month's meeting...
- Bonnie Tawse from the Trust for Public Land will be giving a short presentation on the Bloomingdale Trail, which is a project to convert the elevated Bloomingdale Rail line into a linear park that would run from Ashland on the east end to Ridgeway on the west.
- There will be a vote on two amendments to the AC by-laws regarding voting eligibility and defining Advisory Council member categories. Drafts of these amendments will be posted closer to the time of the next meeting.
...and if you haven't already, join us on facebook.