- Online registration for Chicago Park District winter programming begins November 28th at 9 a.m. and walk-in registration begins at most parks on Saturday, December 3rd.
- There will be no HPAC meeting in December due to the holiday season, but elections will be held at the January meeting. Advisory Council members can vote if they have attended six meetings in the last year. Eligible voters will be announced at the meeting in case you are not sure how many you have attended in the last year.
- In case you haven't heard the news...the Bloomingdale Trail is a project in the works to convert the Bloomingdale Avenue rail line into a three mile long, elevated park running from the Wicker Park neighborhood to Humboldt Park and Logan Square. Community meetings are being held this fall and winter, to get involved sign up for their email list.
- On Thanksgiving day, La Casa Puertorriquena will be serving free meals and holding a clothing drive from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1237 N. California Avenue. If you would like to drop off clothing for the drive, call (773)885-9302 for hours.
- On Thursday, December 1st, at 6 p.m. the 14th District Police station at 2150 N. California will host "Tree of Hope," a lighting ceremony and vigil for victims of violence.
The weather may be getting cold, but there are still a lot of opportunities to get out and stay involved in community matters in Humboldt Park. And lastly, the HPAC wishes everyone a happy Thanksgiving!